When you need to file a claim for a repair covered by your service contract, we recommend making all efforts to return to the dealership at which you purchased your service contract (referred to as the issuing dealer).
- We encourage you to return to the issuing dealership at which you purchased your service contract however, you may take the vehicle to any licensed repair facility unless your contract requires you to return to the issuing dealership for repairs.
- Provide the issuing dealership or licensed repair facility your service contract number, along with our toll free phone number, 866-493-0184.
- The dealership or licensed repair facility may run diagnostics on the vehicle, but before they repair, replace or clean any covered parts, they must call us at 866-493-0184 to open a claim and get authorization for the repairs.
- If our adjuster authorizes the repair the dealership or licensed repair facility will provide a parts and labor estimate
- The dealership or licensed repair facility will bill Protective for all covered repairs with the exception of any applicable deductible, which is the contract holder’s responsibility.
- Failure to submit proof of repair within 90 days may result in denial and non-payment of a claim.
Failed to get authorization for a claim? Have other claims questions? Call us at 866-493-0184.
For FPC Marine Protection Plan claims questions, call us at 800-328-8690.
For XtraRide PowerSports Protection Plan claims questions, call us at 800-909-7636.