When you need to file a claim for a repair covered by your service contract, we recommend making all efforts to return
to the dealership at which you purchased your service contract (referred to as the issuing dealer).
SUBMITTING A CLAIM FOR AUTO AND RV SERVICE CONTRACTS PROTECTION PLANS
- We encourage you to return to the issuing dealership at which you purchased your service contract however, you may
take the vehicle to any licensed repair facility unless your contract requires you to return to the issuing dealership for repairs.
- Provide the issuing dealership or licensed repair facility your service contract number, along with our toll free
phone number, 866-493-0184.
- The dealership or licensed repair facility may run diagnostics on the vehicle, but before they repair, replace or
clean any covered parts, they must call us at 866-493-0184 to open a claim and get authorization for the repairs.
- If our adjuster authorizes the repair the dealership or licensed repair facility will provide a parts and labor
- The dealership or licensed repair facility will bill Protective for all covered repairs with the exception of any
applicable deductible, which is the contract holder’s responsibility.
- Failure to submit proof of repair within 90 days may result in denial and non-payment of a claim.
Failed to get authorization for a claim? Have other claims questions? Call us at 866-493-0184.
SUBMITTING A CLAIM FOR A MARINE OR POWERSPORTS PROTECTION PLAN
For FPC Marine Protection Plan claims questions, call us at 800-328-8690.
For XtraRide PowerSports Protection Plan claims questions, call us at 800-909-7636.
SUBMITTING A GAP CLAIM
If you need to submit a GAP claim please call us at 866-493-0184. Review the GAP Frequently Asked Questions to learn more.
DOWNLOAD THE GAP CHECKLIST IN ENGLISH OR SPANISH
Statement of No Insurance
SUBMITTING A CREDIT LIFE AND DISABILITY INSURANCE CLAIM
For questions about submitting a credit life or credit disability insurance claim, contact us at 800-841-
Credit Life Insurance
Disability Insurance Form
Refer to your contract for information about filing a claim.